Improved results for Team Toyo Tires in stage 2 of 2014 Dakar
At the time of writing, BJ Baldwin hasn't arrived at the Bivouac. After starting behind all the top ranked drivers and having to fight through the field, Chicherit has brought his Jefferies buggy home 23rd with Gordon's HST in 28th.
Todays stage was a whopping 433Km with the competitors first taste of sand dunes in the 2014 Dakar. The earth and stones on the way were a fast paced entree to the sand that will characterise much of the next two weeks. With bikes and cars taking split routes which crossed and recrossed each others tracks, there was no clear path to follow by the time the Team Toyo Tires cars were coming though.
Chicherit, riding with Alex Winocq, regular co-driver for Eric Vogouroux and himself a Dakar veteran, came home 1 hour 3 mnutes behind stage winner Peterhansel's Mini having spent just under five hours completing the mammoth stage. Gordon arrived at the finish 1 hour and 13 minutes adrift having spent 5 hours and 5 minutes working his way through the 433Km stage with co-driver Kellon Walch navigating.
Since BJ Baldwin is still out there, so is our photographer. Images will follow shortly when both arrive at the bivouac.
- 16.01.2014LATEST: Robby Gordon NOT out
- 16.01.2014Not quite official but not looking good
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon out of 2014 Dakar
- 15.01.2014Robby Gordon sole Toyo Tires driver after BJ Baldwin forced to retire
- 14.01.2014Robby Gordon finishes 28th
- 14.01.2014Gordon stopped just before stage end.
- 13.01.201414th for Baldwin on Stage 8
- 12.01.2014Baldwin 28th after difficult final sector
- 12.01.2014Rest day
- 12.01.2014Subdued end to Week one of 2014 Dakar
- 10.01.2014Technical problems for Szalay
- 10.01.2014BJ hanging in
- 10.01.2014Gordon hit with 1hour penalty
- 09.01.2014Robby Gordon 3rd on stage 5
- 09.01.2014Team Opel Dakar finish 11th
- 08.01.2014Chicherit out of Dakar
- 08.01.2014Bad luck and Trouble in Africa Eco Race
- 08.01.2014Gordon 1st Toyo Tires driver home, finishing 14th in stage 4
- 08.01.2014Robby Gordon reflects on the opening stages of the Dakar
- 08.01.2014Chicherit stopped at Km65 for 20 minutes now
- 08.01.2014BJ Baldwin before the storm
- 07.01.201442nd for Baldwin
- 07.01.20145th for Chicherit in stage 3, 6th for Gordon
- 07.01.2014Frustration for Opel Dakar Team in stage 7
- 07.01.2014Longest day for Opel Dakar Team
- 07.01.201414 + 2 = bad luck luck for Baldwin
- 06.01.2014Improved results for Team Toyo Tires in stage 2 of 2014 Dakar
- 06.01.2014Team Opel Dakar 2nd in stage six
- 06.01.2014Team Toyo Tires has a bad day at the office
- 05.01.2014Gordon finally starts special
- 05.01.2014Impatient rest day for Szalay
- 05.01.2014Dakar start for Team Toyo Tires
- 04.01.2014Huge interest in Gordon's new car.
- 04.01.2014Robby Gordon reaches Dakar
- 04.01.2014Szalay storms to second
- 03.01.2014EVR Checks in
- 03.01.2014Balzázs bounces back
- 02.01.2014Szalay Balzázs seventh overall in Africa Eco rally 2014